The Bead Site Home>Beads and People>SE Asian Bead Circle
Welcome to the . . .
Vol. 1, No. 1, Greetings, Beads in Vietnam; Gold Beads in Thailand, Notes
Vol. 1, No. 2 T'boli Women's Costume and Jewelry
Vol.1, No. 3 Flower Beads at Thai New Years
Vol. 1, No. 4 The Rungus of Sabah
The rich contents of the newsletter, mostly furnished by Bucklee Bell, remain part of the newsletter even as they are incorporated into other sections of The Bead Site.
Why a Bead Circle in Southeast Asia?
- Long a crossroads of international trade, Southeast Asia has been importing beads from far-off lands for millennia, Those beads have much to tell us about ancient connections between people.
- Southeast Asia has furnished bead materials and made beads for thousands of years. Many people in Southeast Asia treasure heirloom beads.
- We are interested in Southeast Asia and believe beads have much to teach us. We hope you agree with us. We believe a study group on this topic is overdue. We are trying our best to help it come into being.
- We need your feedback, your comments, your encouragement and your help. Let us know of others who may be interested.
- We are most interested in your reactions. We welcome submissions for the newsletter. We also welcome any donations.
- Our goal is to form a group devoted to beads in Southeast Asia, and link that group with the newsletter and thebeadsite.com. Eventually we plan to open a Museum of Southeast Asian beads.
Small Bead Businesses | Beading & Beadwork | Ancient Beads | Trade Beads
Beadmaking & Materials | Bead Uses | Researching Beads | Beads and People
Center for Bead Research | Book Store | Free Store | Bead Bazaar
Shopping Mall | The Bead Auction | Galleries | People | Events
The Bead Site Home | Chat Line | Contact Us | Site Search Engine | FAQ